Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Life's Story


Hi hi hi,
My name is Homer! I was born in Chios in the Asia Minor, 800 B.C.. I am the son of Cretheis and the daughter of Melanopus. Unfortunately for me, I'm blind, so if my grammar's off I have an excuse! But anyway, I am an aspiring, OLD, Greek poet whose heart lies in the hands of poetry and music. And this is my story...

When I was a young fellow I went on a voyage with my school teacher to Ithaca where I had stayed with a certain mentor. But on my quest to Ithaca, I had suffered from severe eye disease. On my way back from Ithaca to Colophon, I had completely lost my vision. I was in desperate need to make a living, so I picked up poetry to see where it would lead me. Having been deprived of a bid for a municipal sponsorship at Cyme, I moved to Phoncaea, where a disingenuous schoolteacher by the name of Thestorides, offered me nurishment and accomodation in return for the advantage to inscribe my poetry in writing. I was jarringly apprehensive to the fact of plagarism and that this man was going to title my metrical compositions as his own. But then again, I was in need of food and logding so I forcefully accepted this deceitful offer. I recited the lliad and the Odyssey to Thestorides awkwardly. Ashamed at myself, Thestorides traveled to Chios. I was unaware of Thestorides' absence until rumors spread consisting of Thestorides brilliant work. I became furious, although I was the one reciting the works to his very face. Eventually I appeared in Chios as well. When I had arrived in Chios, I was acknowlegded by a tutor. Thestorides retreated hastily and it was known that I was the one who had composed the works of Thestorides. Whose literature comprised of children's stories. With this, I sang my epiteths repeatively throughtout Chios and the people listened contently. Today I'm still reciting my works to the society of Chios! And nothing could make me happier. :)

No comments: